Undergraduate Programmes in English (Bachelor's Degree)
The aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to give foreigh students knowledge and skills necessary to function in the Polish-speaking environment as well as to prepare teachers and lectors of Polish.
The course is focused on getting the wide range of essential knowledge of language starting from grammar, phonetics, vocabulary and ending in the special terminology and phraseology of the everyday Polish.
Recipients of the Course
People with a good knowledge of General English (minimum B2), who want to gain the Polish Philology qualification, including:
• people interested in working in Poland
• people interested in working as teachers of Polish or interpreters outside Poland
A graduate possesses a basic competence related to the implemented field of study, and also
• knows and understands Polish terminology - knows how to use it fluently in everyday life and work, and how to translate specialized texts, interprete from Polish to the native language or conversely.
• is able to functionate effectively in the Polish-speaking environment, including performing the basic activities associated with running a business individually or working as an employee in a Polish company.
Subjects to study
a) Teachers' specialization:
• Contemporary issues of education
• Vocabulary workshops
• Practice of translation
• Specificity and ethics of the interpreters' job
• Translation of general texts
• Computer-aided translation
• Terminology and Phraseology of Polish
• Polish writing
We currently offer the following additional languages to be studied during the basic Polish course:
Additional languages are also offered in the "from zero" option - for those who start studying the additional language from the very beginning
Practical training and Diploma
While taking the Course a student is engaged in practical training which is an integral part of the educational proces. The student implements a practical project - this may be a research, analysis and so on - which becomes the subject of the diploma project.